Our 5 gallon stackable emergency water storage containers
are made of the ideal material. They are DOT and UN approved for the storage of drinking water. Molded handle insure safe portability and containers have a heavy duty cap to insure water containment even in an earthquake. Faucets can be attached to 3/4" treads molded in to cap for dispensing of liquid. Containers can be stored inside or outside. In an emergency, an ample water supply is a priority. Needs will differ, depending upon age, physical condition, activity, diet and climate, but most people need to drink at least two quarts, which is equal to eight cups, of water each day. Hot weather conditions can double the amount needed, and children, nursing women and ill people also will need more.
In general we recommend storing a minimum of one gallon (preferably two gallons) of water per person per day, for two weeks of drinking and food preparation and other limited uses such as hand washing, brushing teeth and dish washing.
We do not recommend storing water in glass containers, used milk or thin water containers sold at most supermarkets. They become brittle with time. Also never-ever use any previously used plastic containers or barrels, even ones used for syrups and concentrates. These containers absorb and retain the residual of anything put into them regardless of how much prior cleaning you give them, thus contaminating your water reserve (and causing it to taste terrible).
- FDA food grade approved resin
- 5 gallons of emergency water easily stored for 5 years (when used with water treatment drops)
- Water is the #1 emergency supply to have (you can't live long with out it)
- High molecular weight polyethtlene
- Accessories: 3/4" spigot and extra caps sold separately
- This product requires higher freight quotes due to its size and packaging