With over 365,000 copies sold, Making the Best of Basics has long been a standard on in-home food storage and family preparedness. The 10th edition of Basics has been expanded, revised, and updated. More than 100 additional pages of charts, tables, and recipes have been added. The Resource Directory is more than 60 pages, and comprises over 2,500 private industry preparedness providers, as well as government resources. The Family Preparedness Handbook is the most comprehensive single volume ever compiled on in-home storage.The Family Preparedness Handbook gives you:
- A plan for acquiring and maintaining your in-home food storage
- Charts defining what foods and nonfoods to buy for your in-home storage
- A Family Factor to determine quantities of foods and other items for your family
- Resource Directories listing of 2500+ suppliers of food storage and preparedness items
Peace of mind follows preparation. Let the Family Preparedness Handbook do for you what it has already done for more than a generation--make preparation both possible and manageable--and give your family a measure of security in an uncertain world.
- If you were temporarily out of work, how long could you sustain yourself and your family in a near-normal manner?
- To what natural, man-caused, or personal disasters are you vulnerable?
- If the transportation system were disrupted, how long could you and your family live on the food in your home?
- Do you know what to store, how much you need, or where to get it?
- In today's world you can't afford to be unprepared. If you want the security of being able to live from your own personal resources for up to a year regardless of external conditions, Making the Best of Basics will show you how.
Shipping for this item is a flat-rate of $4.99 anywhere in the continental U.S.